A twist on a classic Swedish Fika recipe - this easy to bake cookie recipe reflects the sweet granola characteristics of the Santa Rosa #5 single origin coffee from Tarrazú, Costa Rica.
100 grams butter (at room temperature)
2 deciliters (180g) of white sugar (or 1 dl/90g each of white sugar and light muscovado sugar)
4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla powder
2 deciliters (120g) plain flour
1.5 deciliters (50g) oatmeal
1. Preheat the oven to 225 C / 435 F / Gas 7
2. Stir the butter, sugar and syrup together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and vanilla powder and then add to the butter mix.
4. Then add the oatmeal and mix into a dough.
5. Separate the dough into four pieces and roll them into four rolls and place them on a baking tray.
6. Press them down lightly on the top and then bake in the middle of the oven for 7-9 minutes.
7- Cut diagonally into pieces as soon as you take them out of the oven.
Enjoy with a cup of Muttley & Jack’s Single Origin Santa Rosa #5 from Costa Rica!